Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Numberboards....

Now that spring is in full swing, I now have time to enjoy the outdoors, while I work on some of my projects. Aside from horns and other parts on the workbench, the number-board boxes have had a fair amount of work.

The first project was to clear out the electrical components (coming in a future post). After this, the boxes were bead blasted. Lately, I have been experimenting with plastic abrasive media for stripping paint. Needless to say, it was a very good investment!

After stripping the majority of the paint, I applied paint. The back of the box is painted with Rustoleum Enamel 'Light Machine Grey', which matched the original interior color of the 2405. After drying, the box was masked, and the interior was painted with a chrome colored paint. It would appear that these areas were originally painted as such, to increase reflectivity of the bulbs in both the class and number-board light boxes.

More masking, and the final coat of black paint on the outside, and it's done. (well, maybe a too-heavy coat of chrome paint, but no one will look inside, but me....)

No comments:

Post a Comment